The ‘Be You Crew’ has been set up by a group of local families all with children with Special/Additional Needs. We are acutely aware that there lack of variety along with shortage of suitable opportunities and activities for our children within the Staffordshire Moorlands.
We also understand the challenges that can be faced within the family and hope to establish a supportive, friendly and positive network of family and friends.
Aims of the ‘Be You Crew’
· To offer a range of trips (theatre, cinema, bowling, Flip Out etc) at a subsidised cost making
use of charitable donations & group discounts, with coach transport as an available option.
· A monthly, young person focused, social club offering crafts, disco, mobile zoo, dance
workshops, school of rock, football, sports clubs, games nights.
· Social and supportive events and meetings for family members.
· Be You Crew operation is dictated by its users. We consult with families and discuss their
needs, identify gaps in provision and respond by offering or sourcing accessible activities and
events. There is no assumption that young people and families come to every event but pick
and choose what is of individual interest to them.
· Share information and network through facebook, internet, email, telephone and face to face.